Waxing + Tinting Information
Available at our New Albany, DSW Polaris, and DSW Dublin locations.
Best Wax Ever? Here’s Your Guide:
Read these tips before your next appointment.
- Allow your hair to grow 2 - 3 weeks prior to your service. Hair should measure at least ¼ inch—aka, the length of a grain of rice.
- Please exfoliate your skin with a natural-based scrub 24 hours before your appointment (psst...try this one here!). This prevents dryness and irritation.
- Stay hydrated! Avoid caffeine and alcohol for at least 24 hours before your service and be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Depending on the sensitivity of your skin, please stay away from tanning beds, direct sunlight, swimming or excessive sweating for 24 - 72 hours following your wax service.
Safety First! Read This ASAP:
We promise it’ll only take a moment (it’s important!).
The W Nail Bar cannot perform waxing services on skin that is being treated with Accutane, EpiDuo, Differin, Tazorac, Retinol or Retin-A or any other prescribed medications of that strength. To protect the integrity of your skin, you must suspend usage of these medications for at least 6 months prior to waxing.
If you are taking oral or topical antibiotics, please note that sensitivity and/or thinness of skin may occur. Please suspend usage of any antibiotics or over-the-counter low-dosage acne/retinol creams at least 72 hours prior to waxing.
The Skinny On Lash + Brow Tinting:
Here’s what to expect...
If you are using our lash and/or brow tinting services, please be aware that the color we use is semi-permanent and can last in the hairs for up to 4 weeks. Keep in mind that color will only cling to skin for the first 24 hours. After this time has passed, you’ll be able to wash it out as you cleanse your face. Please be mindful that over-washing or using oily facial products may cause the tint to dissipate quicker than normal. To ensure a timely lash tint service, please arrive with bare lashes.
Know before you go! Here’s the 411 on our services. Which ones will you choose?
- Brow Wax + Tint: Brow wax starting with the area in the middle of your brows, above the bridge of your nose reaching to the top of your upper brow line, the start of both brows to their arches, and from your arches to the ends on your upper and lower brow line. Brow tint with semi-permanent color applied from the start to the ends of your brows.
- Brow Wax: The area in the middle of your brows, above the bridge of your nose reaching to the top of your upper brow line. Plus, the start of both brows to their arches, and from your arches to the ends on your upper and lower brow line.
- Lash Lift: A lash lift provides a semi-permanent curl at the base of the lash line. A first treatment lasts up to 4 weeks, but if done consistently, can last up to 12 weeks.
Lash Lift & Tint : A lash lift and tint provides a semi permanent curl at the base of the lash line, followed by tinting using semi permanent color from the start to the end of your lashes.
- Cheek Wax: From your cheek bone to your jawline.
- Chin Wax: From your lower lip to the edge of your chin; and from the edge of your chin underneath all the way to the beginning of your neck.
- Lip Wax: Cupid’s bow area plus the edge of the cupid’s bow to both corners of your mouth.
- Nostril Wax: Both nasal passages.
Underarm: Removal of hair from the top to the base of the underarm area
Half Arm: Removal of hair from the top of the shoulder to the elbow OR from the elbow to the wrist.
Full Arm: Removal of hair from the top of the shoulder to the wrist (front and back).
- Half leg: Removal of hair from top of thigh to knee OR knee to ankle (front and back).
Full leg: Removal of hair from the top of the thigh to the ankle (front and back).
Bikini: The sides and the top of bikini line, the areas that show when you are wear coverage.
Extended bikini: This extended service removes hair from the entire top and sides of bikini area for a more defined look.
- Brazilian: Removes all hair from front to back (please let professional know if you would like some hair left on the top).